Meet the Staff
Are you looking for a dentist who will bring out the best in your smile?
We appreciate your selecting Scott A. Brown, DDS, PC McDonough Family Dentistry, for you and your family’s dental health needs. We believe that a healthy smile is a beautiful smile. Our respected and highly trained cosmetic dentists create treatment plans that are designed to restore optimal dental health and allow our patients’ natural beauty to shine through. Dr. Brown understands that patient education is an important aspect of dental health, and helps his patients make informed decisions about the options available to them.
- Dr. Scott A. BrownDDSA native of the Henry and Clayton County area, Dr. Scott Brown graduated from Morrow High School, where he was an avid tennis player. Receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia, he remains a serious Bulldogs fan (although he did take some of his early classes in rival Yellow Jackets territory).
After earning his dental degree from Emory University in 1987, Dr. Brown furthered his education at the Nash Institute for Dental Learning. There, he underwent additional hands-on, advanced practical study in comprehensive, contemporary, esthetic dentistry.
Devoted to furthering his knowledge of modern dentistry techniques, he went on to complete advanced training with certification in Invisalign® and laser dentistry.
Dr. Brown’s greatest joy is spending time with his family. He also enjoys being a member of his local church. At times, Dr. Brown has been known to get away and go hunting, play a game of golf, go for a run, or compete in a tennis match.
- Dr. Jason JohnsonDr. Jason Johnson joined our practice in June of 2018. He received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the Georgia Health Sciences University, in Augusta Georgia. He has been blessed with a wonderful wife, Sydney and two beautiful children, Reagan and Davy. Dr. Johnson is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys spending the majority of his free time outside no matter the time of the year. He truly loves life and makes it easy for all to see how much he loves his job and his patients.
- BrittanyDental AssistantA dental assistant since 2015, Brittany joined Dr. Brown’s office in 2018. She is a member of Rock Springs Church in Milner. She enjoys spending time with her husband and running her jewelry business, Peony Petals Jewelry, in her spare time.
- MacieDental AssistantGraduate from Jackson High School, class of 2017. Macie joined Scott Brown’s dentistry team in 2020. She enjoys spending time with her dog Remy and her family.
- GwendolynnAppointment CoordinatorGwen began working at our office in the Fall of 2020. She enjoys greeting and helping all of our patients. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and pets.
- JordynInsurance CoordinatorBorn and raised in Metro Atlanta, she started with Dr. Brown in August of 2020. Jordyn has a passion for serving others and seeing a smile put on their face. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, going to church, traveling and sightseeing.
- MarriaAppointment CoordinatorMarria began in the medical field in 1963. Changing to the dental field she started working with Dr. Brown in 1996 in his Forest Park office and became his office manager in 1999. After retiring in 2010 she enjoyed spending time with her family and friends. Marria was dragged out of retirement in 2019 and is thrilled to be back in the office helping make patients smile.
- CatherineDental HygienistCatherine has been a dental hygienist since 2008. She truly enjoys her chosen career and finds immense gratification from rehabilitating patients with dental phobias. Catherine married her high school sweetheart in 2001, they have 3 wonderful children and many pets together. In her freetime she enjoys attending her children's sporting events, experimenting with fun recipes, researching naturopathic medicine, reading and writing novels.
- MalindaDental AssistantOur lead dental assistant since 1988, Malinda has been part of the Family Dentistry team since 2002. She enjoys every aspect of dentistry, especially helping people find their smiles again. Malinda balances her life with good, quality family time with her husband and her daughter; she also enjoys entertaining fun times with her friends.
- ScottiOffice ManagerOur office manager, Scotti has been working with Dr. Brown since 1989; she began working in the dental field in 1979. She loves her job and the people she works with. Scotti also believes in treating people fairly and equally. Her favorite part of working at Family Dentistry is being involved with people in the community and watching their apprehension turn into brilliant smiles. Scotti is married and has two children, and six beautiful grandchildren. She enjoys photography, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- MaryDental HygienistMary has been practicing dental hygiene at Dr. Brown’s office since 1995. She cares for all of her patients and strives to make them comfortable during their dental hygiene visits. Mary has three children and two grandbabies. She enjoys singing, going to the gym, and spending time with her family and friends.
- AliciaFinancial CoordinatorAlicia started her dental career in 2009 as a dental assistant. SInce then she has transitioned to be our front office financial coordinator. She enjoys interacting with our patients and helping them navigate their financial options so that their dreams become reality. She is married and has four children; along with several fur babies. In her free time she enjoys anything outdoors and collecting plants.
- TrishaDental HygienistTrisha began hygiene in 1996; she joined our staff in 2011. She loves helping her patients learn oral hygiene strategies to maintain optimal oral health. Trisha stays busy, she and her husband who together have 3 wonderful boys and 3 beautiful girls.