Are you looking for a dentist who will bring out the best in your smile?
We appreciate your selecting Scott A. Brown, DDS, PC McDonough Family Dentistry, for you and your family’s dental health needs. We believe that a healthy smile is a beautiful smile. Our respected and highly trained cosmetic dentists create treatment plans that are designed to restore optimal dental health and allow our patients’ natural beauty to shine through. Dr. Brown understands that patient education is an important aspect of dental health, and helps his patients make informed decisions about the options available to them.
- Dr. Scott A. BrownDDSA native of the Henry and Clayton County area, Dr. Scott Brown graduated from Morrow High School, where he was an avid tennis player. Receiving his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia, he remains a serious Bulldogs fan (although he did take some of his early classes in rival Yellow Jackets territory).
After earning his dental degree from Emory University in 1987, Dr. Brown furthered his education at the Nash Institute for Dental Learning. There, he underwent additional hands-on, advanced practical study in comprehensive, contemporary, esthetic dentistry.
Devoted to furthering his knowledge of modern dentistry techniques, he went on to complete advanced training with certification in Invisalign® and laser dentistry.
Dr. Brown’s greatest joy is spending time with his family. He also enjoys being a member of his local church. At times, Dr. Brown has been known to get away and go hunting, play a game of golf, go for a run, or compete in a tennis match.
- Dr. Michael BeckermanDMDDr. Michael Beckerman received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the Medical College of Georgia, recently renamed Georgia Health Sciences University, in 2011. Dr. Beckerman attended college at the University of Georgia in Athens. After practicing in Atlanta he decided to make a move to Henry County to practice.
Dr. Beckerman joined Scott Brown’s Family Dentistry in McDonough in 2011. He is thrilled to be part of this thriving practice and to be working on and with such wonderful people.
“My goal as a Dentist has always been to provide quality dental care in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. We are able to achieve this goal with our state-of-the-art facility, and our talented and caring group of team members. I have always felt that I am here for my patients to help and comfort them, and I treat every patient like they are a member of my own family.”
Dr. Beckerman is an active member of the Georgia Dental Association, and the American Dental Association. He is also active in regional and local dental societies.
Aside from his love of college football (Go DAWGS!), Dr. Beckerman enjoys camping, watching and attending sporting events, and live music. Most of all, Dr. Beckerman enjoys spending quality time with his friends and family.
“I would like to thank each of you for giving me the opportunity to get to know you and treat your dental needs. I will strive to be the best dentist possible, and put your needs first always.”
- ScottiOur office manager, Scotti has been working with Dr. Brown since 1989; she began working in the dental field in 1979. She loves her job and it shows. Scotti also believes in treating people fairly and equally. Her favorite part of working at Family Dentistry is being involved with people in the community and watching their apprehension turn into brilliant smiles. Scotti has been married for thirty-seven years, has two children, and three beautiful grandchildren. She enjoys photography, traveling, and spending time with her family.
- MaryMary has been practicing dental hygiene at Dr. Brown’s office since 1995. She cares for all of her patients and strives to make them comfortable during their dental hygiene visits. Mary has been married for seventeen years and has three children. She enjoys singing, going to the gym, and spending time with her family and friends.
- AliciaA dental assistant since 2009, Alicia joined Dr. Brown’s office staff in 2012. She enjoys interaction with her patients and helping them alleviate their fears. She is a member of Pinecrest Baptist Church, she loves attending bible studies, going to the beach and spending time with her friends. Alicia’s favorite pastime of all is spending time with her three children and fiancé.
- TrishaTrisha began hygiene in 1996; she joined our staff in 2012. She loves helping her patients learn oral hygiene strategies to maintain optimal oral health. Trisha stays busy, she has a new husband who together they have 3 wonderful boys and 2 beautiful girls.
- ChristinaBeing raised with a dad as a dentist you learn early on the importance of oral hygiene and taking care of a beautiful smile, and that is exactly why Christina wanted to be a dental assistant. She is a commented Christian who has such a kind tender heart that taking care of others is as natural as breathing. In her spare time she loves cooking and spending time with her family.
- KynaKyna is our Appointment Coordinator and loves helping her patients. She has been with our office since August of 2000. She enjoys spending her spare time with her 2 children and 4 grandchildren.
- MalindaOur lead dental assistant since 1988, Malinda has been part of the Family Dentistry team since 2002. She enjoys every aspect of dentistry, especially helping people find their smiles again. Malinda balances her life with good, quality family time with her husband and her daughter; she also enjoys entertaining fun times with her friends.
- KatlynKatlyn joined our team in July of 2015. She has been in the dental field for 2 years. Katlyn married her high school sweetheart and they currently have 1 son. She loves being a dental assistant because she likes the confidence patient’s gain with their new smiles. Her hobbies when asked makes her laugh, because her new son keeps her so busy there is no time for hobbies.
- Ashton GreenAshton began her career as a dental hygienist in 2015. She has been married for one year and has two beautiful step daughters. She likes helping her patients feel good about themselves by helping them maintain a healthy smile and treat them with the upmost care in the process. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family.
- Catherine LickteigCatherine has been a dental hygienist since 2008. She truly enjoys her chosen career and finds emmense gradification from rehabilitating patients with dental phobias. Catherine married her high school sweetheart in 2001, they have 3 wonderful children and many pets together. In her freetime she enjoys attending her children's sporting events, experimentting with fun recipes, researching naturopathic medicine, reading and writing novels.
- Cindi GossCindi has been in the dental field since 1980. She loves getting to know each patient and making them feel at ease about their dental needs. She has been married for 35 years. She loves travel, time with friends, and teaching five-year-old Sunday School in her church. Her greatest joy comes from time spent with her husband, 3 sons, daugter-in-law and being "Loli" to her 2 grandchildren.